Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wife Suffers; Husband Runs Amok

This is the headline for Kelly and I the past 2 weeks.  As you know, Kelly has been laid up battling those pesky pregnancy hormones that are making her feel like she pounded some ipecac.  Okay, not that bad, but pretty bad.  


The classic husband run amok...and they're still together! Good thing they didn't have triplets. 


I have been running amok.  Car shopping, yardwork, grocery getting, cooking morning sickness-friendly foods, those sorts of things.  New territory has also been explored during the Run; cleaning, laundry, recycling...you know, the type of thing that if I could get away with not doing it, that was the chosen path.  

However, like my favorite prez 'W' is fond of saying "9/11 changed everything", my saying is '2/19 changed everything'.  See, that is technically the date that we are working off of for tracking Kelly's pregnancy weeks.  We are now week 11, which means about two more weeks of the sickness.  And running amok, but that may last a little longer according to my brotherhood of young fathers.  

So.  My exiting Run has also included watching 'Pass Time' on the Speed network.  It's a drag race game show where you have to guess the times of random cars running a 1/4 mile.  Kelly and I watched it together last night and it made her sick; or, it could have been the onions on my  breath from the sandwich I got from Napoli's, so you make the call.  


What other envious exploits have happened during the Run?  Finding all the stuff I forgot I had in the garage.  Just thinking about it makes my adrenaline flow!  Half of it actually went out for spring cleanup days...it actually looks like I could do a project in there now.  

And then there are the crazy baby books.  Man, are those wild!  I have an answer prepared if someone asks how many placentas our trio has right now (three, if you are wondering) or how large the little peeps are (about as long as my pinky and a little wider).  

Running amok has really been about trying to be normal.  While we are preparing for the change of our lives being normal feels good - as normal as we can be with no kids and a minivan.  

2 comments:

Dave said...

Great blog.
I love finding stuff in the garage or basement or wherever that I forgot I had. When we finally get our stuff out of storage, it's going to be like Christmas x 100.

MKAOM said...

Dave, thanks. You are my blog idol!

I hope you guys get to re-discover your things sooner rather than later.